The Consortium is seeking a Part-Time Inter-Faith Spiritual Care Coordinator: 20 hours Wednesday through Saturday (scheduled hours can vary) in Hampden County. The Inter-Faith Spiritual Care Coordinator teams with the Social Justice and Spiritual Care Director to assist individuals with meeting their own emotional, spiritual, and religious needs through a person-centered approach. This is accomplished by supporting individuals with awareness around meaning, purpose, sense of belonging, community, and finding their source of resiliency.
The successful candidate will provide direct support to adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism, with the exploration of personal beliefs, values, relationships, and community connections. The role of the Inter-Faith Care Support is to support individuals who are interested define their spirituality and to support them by identifying and advocating for the resources to meet their goals.
Specific responsibilities of the Inter-Faith Spiritual Care Coordinator include:
- Identifying individuals who are interested in exploring their personal spirituality
- Providing person centered support to explore personal beliefs, values, relationships and community connections
- Acting as a liaison to help build or maintain relationships between individuals supported and spirituality connections
- Partaking in spiritual community development by assisting in the building or strengthening of relationships with an individual’s chosen spiritual relationships and connections
- Providing Bereavement Support when needed/Hospital visitations
- Assisting in developing and aiding in the education of faith-based practices to those individuals who inquire
- Submit a weekly report detailing the interactions and progress for the week including individuals, locations, community contacts, assessments, etc.
- Assist with training to staff regarding spirituality support for Home and Community Connections Orientation
Other Duties: Other duties may be included as deemed necessary to job function. Additional duties will be formally added to job description as identified.
Requirements: A high school degree or equivalent. Inter-Faith Spiritual training such as Chaplin Certification or Formal Religious Studies Certification. Credits toward a BA in Religious Studies or related field may be substituted based on the credits completed towards degree. A minimum of one CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) unit. Experience in a Spiritual leadership may be substituted. A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation is also required. A history of two years positive driving record is required. A basic competency in computer skills which include navigating windows-based programs and the internet.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Rev. Gregory Jones at email@example.com by 08/26/2022. The Consortium creates conditions in which people who have faced marginalization, oppression, or otherwise felt invisible are better able to pursue their dreams and strengthen communities through voice, choice, and inclusion. This is supported by an organizational commitment to address systems of oppression and work toward undoing the harms they have caused. AA/EOE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org