Peer Support – Part-time, 20 hrs. (potential to be more hours) per week at $16 per hr.
The RECOVER Project, a program of The Western MA Training Consortium, has a 20-hour per week position available serving as Peer Support, in Greenfield, MA. This position is at the center of our work, involves making connections with each person that walks through our door in a positive, forward facing way that empowers each person to walk the path of recovery they determine for themselves, requires a candidate to have personal lived experience with substance use recovery, and able to work a flexible schedule including availability for some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
In the role of Peer Support you will acclimate peers to the center, create a climate of recovery using recovery language, help peers build on their recovery capital, mentor them in leadership roles and model a safe, inclusive and welcoming space for all RECOVER Project participants. The ideal candidate will uphold the value of multiple pathways of recovery, support peer to peer connections and be familiar with local resource information. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a requirement.
- Personal lived experience around challenges related to and with substance use
- Personal involvement with community aspect(s) of recovery from substance use
- Some knowledge of community organizations that support people in recovery
- Written and oral skills that allow one to successfully communicate through written and public means with organizations and communities served
- Knowledge of social media and office platforms, such as Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Facebook, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
Please note: Having a CORI record does not automatically disqualify our candidates from this position.
The Consortium offers competitive wage and benefits packages to its members.
We are committed to undoing systems of oppression and the harms they have caused. We actively work toward building an anti-racist environment and a sense of belonging.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Abbi Cushing, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org